Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

Talk about Adobe Acrobat PDF reader (Windows only). Acrobat is the de facto standard used to create PDF files, present multiple documents in a PDF Portfolio, and even add multimedia. All in a single file. 

Keywords Adobe, Acrobat, Reader, Windows, create, multiple, page, pdf, file

How to create multiple page pdf file

Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

AuthorMessage
mathmad (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: How to create multiple page pdf file

Hello,
Sometimes I need to create multiple (more precisely double) page pdf file from another pdf file to reduce the printing cost of the document. For this I crop the single page document and then print it in a double page pdf file (in landscape).

But I am still facing a problem in this regard. When I make a double page pdf the gutter (distance between two pages, left and right) is more than 1.5 inch. This is a great problem. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the gutter when making a double page pdf file (don't just suggest to crop the single page pdf, i tried this as well, I cropped using the feature "remove white margin" but still there is more than 1.5 inch between two pages)

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
mathmad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How to create multiple page pdf file

BTW I apologize that I forgot to about my system:
Windows XP professional
Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended

Thanks!
Bill (A_T) VT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How to create multiple page pdf file

One way to do this is to print to a new PDF with the 2-up selected in the printer properties. I think there may be another way, but this is the way I do it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: How to create multiple page pdf file

I don't see any option to print directly fro 2-up I mean there is not way to print using "current view" when I use 2 up.

BTW thanks for the suggestion.
Bill (A_T) VT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How to create multiple page pdf file

When you print, select the printer properties for the Adobe PDF printer. On the layout tab is an option for the number of pages per sheet. In some versions it is listed as multi-up as I recall. I did not say to simply print from the 2-up display. It is a printer option, not a display option.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: How to create multiple page pdf file

I can understand. Probably you have noticed that I used the same option (It is printing multiple pages). But still there exists the problem, I mean still the gutter is more than 1.5 inch.

I was asking for the way to decrease the gutter size.
Bill (A_T) VT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: How to create multiple page pdf file

You might be able to use the object touchup tool to select the objects on a page and move them to increase the gutter, the othr margin will decrease. At this time of night, that is my attempt at an answer. Bill
   Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1